1. Real quality saffron should be crunchy and dry between your fingers. After rubbing it should leave yellow color on your fingers.
2. Smell. Genuine saffron smells strong and fresh. It is a mixed scent of flower, honey and hay.
3. Taste. Real quality saffron tastes sweet and bitter. If you feel only sweet, it is fake.
4. Genuine quality saffron will color water bright yellow, you should wait approximately 10 minutes.
5. Genuine saffron thread will not lose its red color after soaking it in the water. The thread should not brake between your fingers after soaking it in the water.
6. Quality saffron makes water bright yellow. If saffron is coloring water fast, and color is brown to red, you are dealing with fake saffron.
Articles About Saffron
Poor marketing, droughts, difficult lending sector and sanctions make it difficult to sell the Iranian saffron properly. Crocus sativus plant has three to four saffron
Usually saffron price starts to increase during the end of Iranian year (that is March 21). Prices rise about 10 percent during the period. But
1. Real quality saffron should be crunchy and dry between your fingers. After rubbing it should leave yellow color on your fingers. 2. Smell. Genuine
Majority of the world’s saffron comes from Iran. When buying saffron from Iran in bulk, the prices start from 700 USD per kg for lower
According to our experience, it is wise to buy saffron from the region where most of the producers are located – Iran. The producer should
Saffron packaging is important, especially if you are selling in retail market. First of all the packaging should appeal to the customer with its design